Hi, I am Shuai Zheng (a.k.a, Kyle), currently a research scientist at eBay Inc, where I work on both fundamental and practical problems in Augmented Reality, Computer Vision and Deep Learning. Formerly I have completed my DPhil at the University of Oxford, affiliated with Torr-Vision Group and supervised by Professor Philip H. S. Torr.
We are looking for 2018 PhD summer research interns.
My main research interests are: Machine Learning such as Probabilistic Graphical Models, e.g. Conditional Random Fields, Large-scale Deep Learning. Computer Vision including Image Segmentation , Object Detection, and Biometrics.
Latest Publications (More):
- Anurag Arnab*, Shuai Zheng*, Sadeep Jayasumana, Bernardino Romera-Paredes, Mans Larsson, Alexander Kirillov, Bogdan Savchynskyy, Carsten Rother, Fredrik Kahl, and Philip H. S. Torr. Conditional Random Fields meet Deep Neural Networks for Semantic Segmentation. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine Special Issue in Deep Learning for Visual Understanding White Paper. 2017. (accepted, * joint author)
- Huikai Wu, Shuai Zheng, Junge Zhang, and Kaiqi Huang. GP-GAN: Towards Realistic High-Resolution Image Blending. technical report, 2017. ( arXiv:1703.07195)
Mans Larsson, Anurag Arnab, Fredrik Kahl, Shuai Zheng, and Philip Torr. Learning Arbitrary Potentials in CRFs with Gradient Descent. EMMCVPR, 2017. ( arXiv:1701.06805)
- Anurag Arnab, Sadeep Jayasumana, Shuai Zheng, Philip Torr. Higher Order Conditional Random Fields in Deep Neural Networks. European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2016.
- James Thewlis, Shuai Zheng, Philip Torr, Andrea Vedaldi. Fully-Trainable Deep Matching. British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 2016. (oral)
- Alexander Kirillov, Dmitrij Schlesinger, Shuai Zheng, Bogdan Savchynskyy, Philip Torr, Carsten Rother. Joint Training of Generic CNN-CRF Models with Stochastic Optimization. Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2016.
If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants. -Isaac Newton